Collegiata della Santissima Trinità Cetona
CHURCHES AND MONASTERIES
It was built between the XII and XIII century. Originally it included only one nave, the lateral one was added in the second half of the XVI century.
Three Gothic style windows open up on the right side; under the first one , encased in the wall, stands a Romanesque portal . The beautiful portal with lunette that embellishes the facade, was added during the Renaissance.
Inside, there are some frescoes , dated late 1400, among which an “Assumption of the Virgin Mary” , attributed to Pinturicchio, and a “Madonna with Child and a Saint “ by an anonymous artist from Umbria and Lazio. Of great interest are a few paintings from the 17th – 18th century, among which a Saint Carlo Borromeo and a Virgin Mary with Saints.
Next to the baptistery there’s a 16th century fresco of Saint Catherine of Alexandria and Saint Anthony.